At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Middle Office Services Group (MOSG) is responsible for supporting several channels within Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA). MOSG supports the Private Client Group (PCG), Wealth Brokerage Services (WBS), WellsTrade (WT), Wells Fargo Advisors Solutions (WFAS), FiNet (serving brokerage clients out of independently-run offices using WFA platforms and products), and First Clearing Correspondent Services (FCCS). The team strives to provide all clients with an outstanding service experience while ensuring the security of the clients’ transactions and accounts. They accomplish this in three ways:
1.Strong partnership with their front office team members
2.Timely and efficient processing of work
3.Consistent application of strong procedures and risk mitigation protocols
The MOSG – Collateral, Verification, and Inquiry team provides support to the field by reviewing and processing Security Account Control Agreements (SACA) to establish collateral accounts, processing requests for full and partial release of funds from collateralized accounts, and by reviewing internal systems and/or coordinating with the Collateral Manager. The team is also responsible for incoming and outgoing correspondence requests; which includes opening and logging incoming mail and responding to verification of deposit/asset requests and various inquiry requests received from the client, third parties, or the sales field. The team members review accounts, conduct research, collaborate with outside departments, and draft outbound correspondence in response to inquiries. This is not a call center, but outbound calls to confirm transactions or verify information may be necessary.
The MOSG team in St Louis, MO, has an opening for a highly motivated Securities Operations Service Specialist 4 (SOSS4): Senior Associate to support the Collateral, Verification, and Inquiry team. The ideal candidate for this role must be willing to step in and assist the team in providing excellent customer service. Each transaction that the team performs has its own service level agreement (SLA) and the Senior Associate/SOSS4 will create and maintain an effective triage process for the Verification and Inquiry team members. The SOSS4 will be responsible for team member escalations and assist in providing quality control for the team. The SOSS4 will also assist in providing oversight of internal controls, ensure adherence to department procedures, onboard and train team members, and work closely with management to support team members and the sales field. A SOSS4 must be flexible and able to jump from one transaction type to another while effectively prioritizing and making good decisions on management’s behalf. Experience identifying and mitigating risk is essential to the role, including the ability to update training guides and procedures.
- After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications
- Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail
- Please ensure your contact information (e-mail address and phone number) is current in your Wells Fargo Jobs Profile
- If your contact information has changed, please update prior to applying to this position
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may close prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- Due to a high volume of inquiries, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed may not receive a response
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is due to their F-1 or other student visa status such as Optional Practical Training (OPT). Candidates must have authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, operations, financial services, accounting, business processing, analytical, financial, clerical, or call center
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Solid problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Access skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills
- Ability to write concisely and clearly
- 3+ years of brokerage operations experience
- Ability to identify potential operational issues and legal risks
- Beta experience
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
- Ability to develop and negotiate solutions to issues with partners or clients including escalations as needed
- Ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere
- Ability to assess current processes/procedures and make recommendations for efficiency
- Quality assurance experience
- Ability to identify creative solutions to support service quality initiatives
- Ability to provide strong customer service while balancing the needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.