At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Middle Office Services Group (MOSG) is responsible for supporting several channels within Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA). MOSG supports the Private Client Group (PCG), Wealth Brokerage Services (WBS), WellsTrade, Wells Fargo Advisors Solutions (WFAS), and FiNet (serving brokerage clients out of independently-run offices using WFA platforms and products). The team strives to provide all customers with an outstanding service experience while ensuring the security of the clients’ transactions and accounts. The Securities Operations Service Specialist 4 (SOSS4) will take inbound calls and also make outbound calls to our internal clients related to service requests. For that reason we desire a SOSS4 with a “service minded attitude” who is ready and willing to assist our internal customers with whatever is needed. This team services clients from different parts of the world, with many being native Spanish speakers. The SOSS4 on this team must be able to effectively speak, read, and understand Spanish. Candidates with Portuguese speaking/reading skills would be a plus.
The MOSG team provides a variety of support functions for the field including but not limited to the review and approval of Automated Clearing House (ACH) authorization agreements, Direct to Consumer (DTC) free delivery, check disbursement, partial Automated Customer Account Transfer (ACAT) delivery, account maintenance items, wire, and journal transfer service requests. This SOSS4 role, located in St Louis, MO, will be a Senior Associate working under minimal supervision with some degree of independence. The SOSS4 is responsible for processing work from a queue and handling critical production or escalation issues. Additionally, the SOSS4 may be asked to review and update departmental policies and procedures and participate in projects as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to quickly adapt to changes and open to obtaining licenses for potential future promotions within the department.
Please note: Middle Office Services Group department hours are 8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. The SOSS4 will need to be available to work any shift during these hours.
- After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications
- Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail
- Please ensure your contact information (e-mail address and phone number) is current in your Wells Fargo Jobs Profile
- If your contact information has changed, please update prior to applying to this position
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may close prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- Due to a high volume of inquiries, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed may not receive a response
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is due to their F-1 or other student visa status such as Optional Practical Training (OPT). Candidates must have authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Bilingual speaking and reading proficiency in Spanish/English
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, operations, financial services, accounting, business processing, analytical, financial, clerical, or call center
- 1+ year of call center experience
- 2+ years of brokerage operations control or risk experience
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
- Ability to identify creative solutions to support service quality initiatives
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere
- Ability to provide strong customer service while balancing the needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Ability to supervise by distributing work and providing work direction
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Knowledge and understanding of asset management function support
- Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in Portuguese/English
- 1+ year of Beta experience
- Ability to quickly learn business operations and processes
- Experience with a customer service mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- 1+ year experience reviewing client documentation
- 2+ years asset movement experience
- Knowledge of Service Request workflow and/or completing tasks from a queue
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.