At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM): Wealth Management business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and Consumer Banking. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preservice and transfer their wealth.
Investment & Fiduciary Services (IFS) is within WM and works with our clients to build, manage, preserve and transition their wealth. As one of the nation’s strongest financial institutions, we bring together a team of experienced professionals to gain insight into each client’s unique situation so that we may deliver specialized wealth solutions that best meet their needs and goals. Within IFS, we have 6 Fiduciary Management Services (FMS) offices that support clients and field offices by providing trust administration, investment management, and fiduciary services.
This individual will perform a variety of operational tasks for complex securities or cash related transactions or processes that require extensive knowledge of unit functions and systems. Duties may include: differentiating, processing and reconciling transactions; researching inquires; resolving customer complaints; reviewing time sensitive and/or complex documents; creating or revising departmental procedures. Coordinates situations involving multiple departments. May provide department level reporting using multiple sources. May provide training or work direction to junior level staff. Provides back-up for other desks. May have extensive customer contact; works under minimal supervision.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, operations, financial services, accounting, business processing, analytical, financial, clerical, or call center
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Exposure to Wells Fargo SEI Trust 3000 Wells Fargo Trust Accounting system of record
- Solid problem solving skills
- Trust and/or Brokerage Operations experience
- Understanding of DTC security types and the ability to effectively communicate such information with other parties, both internal and external
- Exposure to DTC, Frontier, iTrax, Secure Asset Movement (SAM) and FileNet or other imaging platforms.
- Basic understanding of Stocks, Bonds, Physical Certificates, Purchase Agreements and/or Loans
- Ability to work quickly and accurately while maintaining acceptable standards of workmanship
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.