Job Purpose or Scope: The Intern will focus on location risk analysis audits, supporting internal security & compliance efforts, and ensuring identified risks are remediated in an effective and timely manner. The Information Security Intern will support First Transit’s Information Security Program, including maintaining adequate security controls and processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets within First Transit’s division focusing on healthcare and other national and regional laws and regulations. The Intern serves as a supporting resource to daily monitoring activity to information Security management.
- Review, Create, Update First Transit Location Risk Analysis reports.
- Proactive monitoring of IT Security controls support remediation activities.
- With the assistance of the Compliance Team, ensure operating compliance with applicable government and agency regulations.
- Provide proactive operational support for Information Security incident prevention, detection, response, and remediation.
- Supporting role for the division’s vulnerability management program, including the use of Group-approved scanning systems, reporting of vulnerabilities to applicable corporate and location management, and remediation of vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Support managing the Information Security Team’s ticket queue, ensuring timing communication and resolution of support tickets and related project work.
- Update, and maintain Information Security related documents, including applicable policies, standards, and procedures.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High School Degree or above in related field, and/or relevant experience in the Information Security field
Experience & Skills Required:
- Computer skills: Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Language skills: Excellent English written, grammar and verbal skills
- Soft skills: Team oriented but independent working style, customer focus and result driven, willingness to learn
- Excellent writing skills to develop and edit documentation that will be used as guides, templates, and communication tools