WHELAN SECURITY IS NOW HIRING
- The SOC Operator is responsible for providing primary and secondary security service support in the area of access control and alarm monitoring, emergency monitoring and routine dispatching of security personnel. The SOC Operator uses a variety of tools that range from enterprise access control and alarm monitoring systems to various business intelligence sources, open source media, Internet, and in-house tools to detect, analyze, and alert personnel regarding any adverse conditions that may affect the client, it’s employees, facilities and properties worldwide. These may range from extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, to technical failures. The SOC Operator reports directly to the SOC Supervisor.
- Observe and report, document all unusual/unsafe activity, and take appropriate action as required.
- Report all building utility/ service/ life safety issues to the appropriate responders and Security Management.
- Notify, assist and direct external emergency personnel and internal emergency response teams as necessary
- Dispatch mobile or other patrol officers to check and/ or secure access areas into and onto client's premises, as well as, highly sensitive locations within the buildings
- Monitor the movements and locations of security personnel in order to expedite service requests, emergency responses and to ensure employee safety
- Answer multi-line telephones and dispatch security personnel via radio
- Responsible for the proper operation and monitoring of all life safety, access control and loss prevention systems
- Keep and or document detailed records of activities as they occur during the shift
- Acknowledge alarms and dispatch/assign personnel to investigate
- At client's direction, may provide liaison with law enforcement, fire department, or industrial and civil emergency response organizations related to emergencies on client property
- Prepare all required written reports, including but not limited to: Operations Database, Incident Reports and all other required logs
- Generate computerized incident reports
- View CCTV displays for suspicious/unusual/ hazardous activities
- Respond to system alarms and notifies the appropriate response resources as directed by procedure
- Responsible for the proper operation and monitoring of all security telephone, paging, radio and intercom communication systems
- Assists in the maintenance and updating of SOC processes and related documents. Assists with the development and implementation of security policies and procedures to ensure that services delivered comply with current Client Policy, Standards and Guidelines and consistently meet or exceed customer expectations. Provides feedback on operating processes, team processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Monitors media and other sites to prepare data and deliver to client
- Participate in professional development courses and demonstrate improved job knowledge and skills.
- Must be able to effectively disseminate information to the individuals involved, management and other appropriate stakeholders
EducationCandidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
If you have an interest in joining a leader in the contract security industry and would like to work at one or more of our outstanding client locations - Apply Now!
Not convinced? Listen to what our team members have to say!
At Whelan, we value people and we value relationships.
Extraordinary people work at Whelan -- are you one?
Whelan Security of California, Inc.
CA Private Patrol Number: 16344
San Francisco, CA 94123