The Security Engineer works in Information Security organization as a member of the Security Engineering team. The Security Engineer uses technical knowledge on a number of security technologies to Identify, Detect, Protect and Respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies. The Security Engineer serves as a Tier 1 escalation point for client issues, performs configuration and testing of products, assists with developing and documenting work processes.
- Responsible for handling issues and alerts escalated to them by IT and business customers and other Security Engineers.
- Analyze and respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies.
- Support, troubleshoot, configure, manage, and upgrade Firewall, Intrusion Detection, Threat Management, Virtual Private Network, Web Application Firewall wide variety of other security products.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems, using strong TCP/IP networking skills.
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to configuration, maintenance, incident management, and other requests.
- Respond to needs and questions of our IT and Business Partners related to their access to network resources through their managed device.
- Adhere to established Security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Research and resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures.
- Responsible for major Security platform changes including upgrades.
- Create custom documentation for internal and external needs.
- Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development.
- Responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies.
- Assist with designing and documenting work processes within Information Security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Vocational or Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent through combination or education and work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Information Security or Networking required.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience and/or training in a technology environment required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with preferably more than one of the following technologies: URL Filtering, AntispywareBlue Coat (ProxySG, ProxyAV, Reporter), Cisco ASA, Juniper (SRX, ScreenOS, SSL-VPN, IDP), Check Point, Sourcefire, Tipping Point, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with one or more of the following management platforms required; Cisco Security Manager, Juniper NSM, Junos Space, Check Point Provider-1/MultiDomain Management, Palo Alto Networks Panorama, Blue Coat Director, Fortinet FortiManager.
- Minimum 1 year of full time experience with one or more of the following security products: AirWatch, Qualys, ISS, Encase, or other key security technologies.
- CCSE and CCNA or RSCP certifications preferred.
- Security+, BCCPP, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-SA, ACE, CNSE, SFCP, SFCSE, SFCTSE strongly preferred.
- Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH or other security specific vendor/product certifications also preferred.
- CISSP training strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in technology and a desire to learn and grow in applicable technologies field is required. Skills and knowledge must be kept current, including ongoing active pursuit of certifications.
- Practical expertise with TCP/IP networking required.
- Significant experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating Systems required.
- Strong working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices required.
- Requires taking responsibility for IT and business customer satisfaction and overall success of Information Security.
- Requires interfacing with a variety of IT and business customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner.
- Technical knowledge on a number of security technologies required.
- Solid understanding of information security and networking required.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- A passion for information security and data security required.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills required.
- Customer service focus required with strong interpersonal skills including excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Will be required to be on-call after hours and weekends on a rotating basis.
- May be required to work occasional off-shift hours to cover customer maintenance and on-site activities