The Security Engineer – Risk Response role will monitor the threat landscape using various tools and data sources to identify occurrences such as vulnerabilities or misconfigurations that pose potential risk. The position will work across the organization to remediate risks and establish safe guards to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
Education and Experience:
- Identify and analyze vulnerabilities, threats and configuration issues that are actively being exploited in the wild.
- Characterize risk and potential exposure based off escalations and investigative work.
- Document and present risk exposure and technical requirements for prevention and/or remediation.
- Partner with Information Security peers and key stakeholders across the organization to drive the prevention and/or remediation of risk.
- Develop, plan, and conduct testing procedures to validate the effectiveness of the proposed remediation.
- Manage, tune, and support threat intelligence feeds and various other security products/data sources.
Skills and Abilities
- Vocational or Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a position requiring IT technical problems solving skills.
- Minimum of one-year experience in information security or networking discipline.
- Experience working with threat intelligence.
- Experience with SIEM solutions, firewall, and proxy technologies.
- Experience with risk and vulnerability management is preferred.
- Practical expertise with networking fundamentals.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate strong customer focus with the ability to effectively partner with multiple groups.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple work streams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- A passion for information security and data security.