BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The responsibility of the Security Officer is to perform security related activities. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the security of the distribution center including keeping all SCC walkways and stairs clear of snow, ice and debris when needed
- Asset protection of trailer yard and controlling access to all premises
- Ensuring 100% accuracy of all trailer check-in, check out and signature logs
- Conducting routine security checks of trailer yard and property.
- Working with new hires and temporary associates on the proper procedures for security related responsibilities
- Ability to work in all areas of the warehouse as needed. Available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 30-50 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to work in warehouse and outdoor environment which includes heat, cold, rain, snow, noise, dust.
- Ability to remain active for up to 8 hrs per day, including standing, walking, bending, climbing.
- Must be able to perform repetitive, dexterous movements related to computer use and data entry
- Must possess good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.