To provide security for Xanterra South Rim properties and to provide safety and security to guests/employees.
- Insure the safety and security of all Xanterra South Rim properties by making at least two checks of the patrol zones per shift.
- Assist National Park Service Law Enforcement on scene, and follow instructions/directives given by scene commander.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with National Park Service Law Enforcement.
- Resolve situations within your control and within guidelines established by Risk Management, the Security Department and National Park Service Law Enforcement.
- Escort Accounting personnel on cash runs and deposit runs, providing security escort service to the Accounting personnel.
- Compile daily logs and write incident reports in timely and accurate manner, using department approved software.
- Interact with Housing Department personnel in making rounds through employee housing areas, and assisting as needed and/or requested.
- Enroll, attend and successfully complete ongoing training classes as determined by the Security Lieutenant and the Fire & Security Captain.
- Perform BAT and Urinalysis testing on employees per company policy as needed.
- Adhere to all safety, Risk Management and environmental policies.
- May be called upon to assist in the handling, storage and/or disposal of hazardous materials.
- Ability to adapt to a 24/7 rotating schedule with shifts of 10 and 12 hour duration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Drivers License and comply with the Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
- Must be at least twenty-one years of age at time of hire.
- Excellent written, verbal, and problem solving skills; plus ability to interact effectively with guests, employees and other designated officials.
- Possess computer skills necessary to complete required online reports.
- Ability to calmly deal with medical, fire, security or safety situations.
- Working knowledge of radio communications.
- BAT and Urinalysis training must be successfully completed.
Security employees must be a US citizen or legal resident, have no felony convictions, have no theft or drug convictions within the past five years, and have no convictions involving fraud, weapons, sexual assault or other violent crimes. A background check will be required and reviewed before employment will be considered.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.