ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Monitoring of customer’s wide variety of monitoring systems
- Coordinate with technicians, customer & vendors to resolve issues in timely manner to maximize system up time.
- Accurately process monitoring system(s) alarms and provide incident tracking, documentation and notification in accordance with published processes
- Maintain Daily Activity Log including tracking and notification of persons visiting remote site locations.
- Perform subscriber radio control functions as needed
- Provide level-one help desk functions (call-taking, ticket creation & notification to technicians and customer in accordance with published processes)
- Initiate disaster recovery phone reroutes as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 2-year college degree preferred. High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Basic understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, software, telecommunications and voice radio systems is helpful.
- Strong data entry skills and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel & Access.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to be flexible and handle change in a dynamic operations center environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction and outside calls with field personnel, customers and vendors which must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. On occasion the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly works in a fast paced call center office environment. There is low to moderate noise in this work environment.