Here at Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position will support the TAM Data warehouse applications. As a Sr. AbInitio Developer in the TAS team, this position is responsible for:
- Providing design and development support for TAM data sourcing, data integration and provisioning applications.
- Analyzes complex requirements and translates to technical design and specifications
- Design, development, test, and implement application ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) code
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Be willing to work non-standard hours as the need arises
- Follow change and incident management processes
- Develop and foster a positive relationship with team members, team leads and business partners
- Work with EDA East (offshore team) to complete the development of ETL code.
- Responsible for overseeing and delivering the development artifacts from offshore teams.
- Participate in design reviews and ensure application of best practices and standards
- Review ETL code for consistency, quality and performance
- Implement best practices for test environments
- Propose and build reusable patterns.
- Participate in cross application efforts to share knowledge and bring new developments to the team.
- Track code merge and branching process for releases
- Review release code and changes for production
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience with Ab Initio products such as EME, Control Center, Metadata Hub, or Conduct IT
- 5+ years of Red Hat Linux or UNIX experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience
- 7+ years of Teradata experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 9+ years of data warehouse experience
- 9+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 9+ years of Autosys experience
- Experience using SQL for data transformation
- Knowledge and understanding of technology infrastructure: networks, mainframe, and open systems
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Basic Microsoft Visio skills
- Experience in designing complex ETL processes
- 1+ years experience working with Technology Asset Management Data/Applications
- 1+ years of experience in a tech lead capacity, guiding other team members and contractors in a data warehouse environment
- Combination of Experience & Knowledge of working with different Database Management Systems and their vendors for Batch Processing
- Good working understanding to apply business rule concepts for auto code generators
- Experience understanding, building and tuning high-data volume application processes that build technology asset hierarchical relationships for analytics in a Teradata environment
- Experience with data integration and ETL applications using AbInitio /Linux/Teradata/Autosys
- Experience working with public API’s, SQL Server and Oracle database systems interfaces
- Combination of Experience & Knowledge of working with different File Management Systems for Batch Processing
- Combination of Experience and Knowledge of working with different Analytical environment
- Experience in documenting transformation rules using algorithms and without using any SQL or Programming Language Jargon
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Ability to interface effectively with all management levels and across organizational lines, including the business units
- Must be self motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours as the need arises and also willing to work with offshore teams located in India
- Must be willing to participate in production support on-call rotation
- Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.