At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
Starting with you, we must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Current Mortgage Rates Today )
Our Capital Markets team performs Accounting, Analysis, Forecasting and Reporting on our Held for Sale Mortgages. In addition to providing support to other Financial groups including revenue transfer and individual business lines.
This position will be responsible for providing accounting, analytical support for management decisions, reporting, and variance analysis associated with Capital Market functions of Fair Value accounting. In addition the position will be responsible for highly complex accounting of Mortgages Held for Sale & related reporting. The person in this role will also be instrumental in the development of new reporting to support the eOne automated solution for GL. As well as, the build out and maintenance of indicative data into Data Lake for Regulatory reporting. This requires experience in highly complex processes maintained in various different applications.
Duties include developing / maintaining/ managing regulatory reporting requirements for the MHFS.
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
• Process month-end accounting for Fair Value and Affiliate Accounting and other fair value components
• Recording, reporting and reconciliation for Call Reporting
• Perform analysis and reporting for various projects
• Perform month and quarter end controls
• Analysis and reconciliations
• Regulatory and SEC reporting and variance analysis
• Preparing data analysis and reporting related to yearly tax project
• Responsible for resolving accounting and regulatory questions and operational issues by determining solutions and taking appropriate action.
• Provide financial analysis in support of management decision making for Capital Markets and CLG Finance.
• Contribute and perform testing in automation efforts as they affect current processes
• Provide KPMG, OCC, Internal Audit, Regulatory examiners support as needed
• Support other areas of the CMFAR team in daily and monthly accounting and reporting
• Provide input/analysis/reports/results for ad hoc requests
• Other unique projects as requiredRequired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft Access skills
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly present findings to management
- Regulatory and GAAP reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Mortgage Banking Capital Markets knowledge
- Successful candidates will be highly self-driven with a strong work ethic, analytical ability, creative problem solving ability, intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, resourcefulness, integrity, and ability to collaborate and earn the respect of people both within and outside the department
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.