DescriptionThe Senior Accountant performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules. Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects. The Senior Accountant work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Accountant prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. Provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from budget. Analyzes and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements and reports. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 5+ years of technical experience
- Progressive leadership and management experience
- Prior experience within the financial industry
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant license
- Experience with PL/SQL and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
Scheduled Weekly Hours40