PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Support the Manager of Financial Reporting in providing timely and accurate financial statements and other key financial documents to internal (e.g. Executive Management) and external users (Investors and Lenders).
1. Prepare six consolidated external financial statements.
2. Prepare four monthly business summaries for distribution to executive management, investors and lenders.
3. Prepare debt covenant schedules required by lenders.
4. Prepare cash flow statements, income statements, balance sheets and equity rollforwards for inclusion in monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for lenders and investors.
5. Assist with the adoption of new accounting guidance. Requires staying current on proposed and existing pronouncements, researching issues as they arise and drafting technical accounting memos as necessary.
6. Prepare quarterly and year-end reconciliation schedules for external auditors.
7. Participate in special projects as needed. EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* Undergraduate or Masters' degree in Accounting
* Certified Public Accountant EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum of 3 years' experience with prior public accounting experience preferred
* Experience in "Big 4" public accounting a plus REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
* Strong written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and meet multiple, concurrent and aggressive deadlines
* Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills DIRECT REPORTS: None