POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant GL-- Restaurant Accounting
REPORTS TO: Manager -- Restaurant Accounting
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To contribute to the achievement of company and department goals through the compilation and analysis of the financial statements. Compliance to all accounting policies and procedures is expected.
- Train accountants on company's Accounting Policies & Procedures and review accountants work each period to ensure they are in compliance.
- Manage staff accountants to ensure all general ledger review deadlines are met and all operations invoices are timely processed for payment.
- Prepares Balance Sheets Reconciliations each period for assigned accounts to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Review Profit and Loss Statements with accountants and post correcting journal entries each period to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Lead Restaurant Accounting GL team toward a strong commitment to customer service and personal development.
- Assist Region FP &A with preparation and review of annual AOP.
- Set an example by maintaining an excellent working knowledge and a high level of proficiency in the performance of all processes of accounting.
- Takes initiative to learn areas outside their normal job responsibilities.
- Handles unusual accounting transactions with little or no supervision.
- Has a solid working knowledge of the various system applications and how they are integrated.
- Demonstrates an ownership mentality.
- Recommends solutions when confronted with opportunities.
- Review Operations and Region Support G&A's each period.
- Review staff comments on all closing audit schedules to verify all variance exceptions have been identified and researched.
- Research and record explanations on all assigned company accounts in the leverage/deleverage schedules for the monthly business summary.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 2-4 years minimum staff accountant experience.
- Multi-unit retail experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES: Ability to work in Oracle.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: This position has no decision making authority.
DIRECT REPORTS: This position has 2-4 direct reports.