PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To ensure the accurate and timely reporting of lease related transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly lease payment data based on information supplied by Lease Administration including both fixed and contingent rent. Provide this data to Accounts Payable for timely payment to lessors.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely sublease data to Accounts Receivable group for billing of sub-lease rental income.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations and related roll-forwards for all operating lease accounts, lease related debt and interest expense.
- Work with Corporate Accounting to ensure new leases, lease amendments, renewals and terminations are recorded in accordance with GAAP and Company policy.
- Ensure operating and capital lease related activity is updated accurately and timely in Oracle Property Manager, straight-line rent schedules and amortization schedules.
(Other important duties/responsibilities)
- Provide operating and capital lease related data on an as needed basis to Financial Reporting, Corporate Accounting and various other departments. Departmental needs for lease data include external reporting, AOP and forecast.
- Identify process improvements and work with IT on testing and implementing system changes.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate.
- 3 to 5 years of Accounting experience
- 2 years' experience with lease accounting
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- GAAP Lease Accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
- Oracle Financials experience
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Limited decision making authority within existing policies and procedures
DIRECT REPORTS: None