PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Financial Analyst, of Corp. FP&A will work closely with the Manager, Corp. FP&A and Vice President, Corp. FP&A in updating the consolidated Inspire Brands enterprise long-range model, and support key financial planning activities including long-range model assumptions, annual business plans and quarterly forecasts to meet Inspire Brands objectives. In the context of long-range modeling, this position will maintain and continuously improve the long-range planning models (three-statement models) and interface with different internal and external audiences for these models. This role will also help in the consolidated budgeting and forecasting process and outputs in various capacities at different times in the year.
This position will support relevant Inspire Brands-level projects from the Project Management Office (PMO), on project evaluation, on-boarding and tracking of approved projects.
1. Maintain and continuously improve the consolidated Inspire Brands long-term financial model. Ensure appropriate discussion with different internal and external audiences for this model.
2. Support Inspire Brands initiatives and help to execute the annual strategic planning process and support on-going Project Management Office ("PMO") reporting.
3. Prepare accurate and appropriate financial models to project returns on multi-year corporate initiatives, capital expenditures, and Inspire Brand growth plans. Maintain the models and update when necessary.
4. Provide analytical support to the Manager, Corp FP&A, Vice President, Corp. FP&A, and Vice President, M&A in evaluation of restaurant acquisitions and dispositions, including but not limited to financial modeling, forecasting, DCF analysis and valuation.
5. Provide financial analysis support for Inspire Brands M&A decisions and, as needed, brand-level portfolio management transactions. Maintain models used to assess viability of strategic initiatives and predict future outcomes. Support analytics, documentation and marketing activities related to M&A and capital structure transactions.
6. Prepare quarterly for Accounting, our debt interest rate analysis comparing it with our peers and prepare annually and our WACC to be used internally for discounting purposes.
7. Prepare quantitative and qualitative analyses to evaluate potential brand opportunities as requested by management and proactively identified by the Senior Analyst. These analyses may involve
development activity, food costs, labor costs, controllable costs, return on investment, general brand spending, marketing, recapitalization, new initiatives, etc.
8. Document processes and planning assumptions appropriately.
9. Provide additional back up support to all Inspire Finance team activities as needed.
10. Provide excellent customer service to brand teams and the Support Center.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS: Required: Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, or a related field. Preferred: Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting and / or CPA.
s EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION: Required: Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience including financial and/or operational analysis. Preferred: Minimum of 1-2 years investment banking (or equivalent) experience; restaurant or retail experience would be beneficial, but not necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES: Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Working knowledge of database applications including Microsoft Access as well as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Outlook Understanding and working knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and analysis, including DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, Breakeven and Payback Periods Strong analytical and communication skills. Strong finance, project / capital assessment, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to work in teams and balance competing priorities, often with considerable time constraints. Experience with multi-year, three-statement financial models, including integrated capital structure Preferred: Experience with relational databases including Oracle and Access. Preferred: Experience with Enterprise Planning and Reporting software, including Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle ERP and BOARD Preferred: Experience with Business Intelligence analysis and presentation tools, including Tableau, Power BI and SharePoint.
DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY: Process decisions
DIRECT REPORTS: None