PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is critical to understand Arby's current business performance in order to develop strategies and recommendations to inform future marketing and company moves. The Senior Analyst will work largely independently, with limited oversight from the Manager, to manage and report information critical to business insights and decision making. The Senior Analyst will deliver critical business insights using statistical tools and methods to solve problems and answer questions from company leadership.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Top 5 should cover 80% of the important job functions)
1. Sales analysis - analyze regular and test sales results to understand current performance, create the relevant story with the data, and make recommendations on go-forward strategy/implementation
2. Ad hoc analysis/reporting - develop, execute, and deliver reports and analysis based on marketing business requirements
3. Insight generation - generate insights that improve the business through linking various data sources (e.g., sales, competitor, market, customer, etc.)
4. Modeling -- create marketing models to understand past performance and forecast future performance
5. Data management - develop and maintain databases that support marketing and sales analysis
(other important duties/responsibilities)
6. Identify opportunities for process improvement and innovative solutions to business challenges
7. Develop and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, IT, and Operations 8. Hypothesis generation -- develop independent ideas about value-add business objectives
Required Minimum: A bachelor's degree is required (preferably in engineering, math, science, economics, business administration, or marketing)
Required Minimum: 2-5 years of relevant experience in marketing, business analysis, data management / reporting, or other related area.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
Personal integrity, humility and an appreciation for the power of true teamwork, and a sense of humor Passion for the restaurant industry and desire to train in our restaurants to learn operations. A strong desire to help shape the future at Arby's
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with expertise in Excel (e.g., pivot tables, advanced functions, formulas, filtering, etc.) and strong database skills (e.g., SQL, Access, etc.) Conscientious about meeting weekly and monthly reporting deadlines Self-starter personality who can operate with minimal supervision Strong problem solving skills Inquisitive nature, constantly looking for innovative solutions to challenging questions Minimal travel required