At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
Wells Fargo Asset Management has a new opportunity for a Senior Analyst focused on the unique requirements of insurance companies within the Multi-Asset Solutions team based in San Francisco. If the business grows, this role may have the option of relocation after 2-3 years.
The Senior Analyst will independently conduct analyses across multi-asset classes to develop and recommend investment products and solutions, working with a team of portfolio managers, in order to meet the objectives of our insurance clients and prospects. Depending on the research approach, analyses may focus on individual securities, classes of securities, or the development of quantitative decision-making models. The role involves working collaboratively with Multi-Asset and Fixed Income investment teams, as well as the insurance sales and service team, and across the broader Wells Fargo Asset Management organization. The successful candidate will also research and produce white papers and client presentations, including pitching solutions to insurance companies for new business.
Position Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Expertise in life insurance ALM, RBC, and BCAR. P&C and Solvency II knowledge is a plus
- Deep knowledge of fixed income for asset/liability management with the ability to incorporate additional asset classes into a solution
- Experience in and knowledge of multi-asset class research and building solutions to assist in investment process and outcomes.
- Familiarity with alternative risk premium and advanced beta solutions
- Ability to research and write White Papers
- Excellent quantitative, technical and analytical skills with ability to effectively communicate complex technical recommendations.
The preferred location is San Francisco.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of quantitative investment research experience
- Strong academic background
- Use of Bloomberg, FactSet, Barra, or similar tools
- Knowledge of insurance ALM software
- Excellent mathematical, finance and programming skills (Matlab, Python or R)
- Experience in insurance asset management
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentations skills (written and verbal) essential to represent the Multi-Asset group internally and externally, additional languages a plus
- CFA and/or actuarial (FSA, ASA, FCAS, ACAS) qualifications.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.