At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
As part of a Wells Fargo initiative to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Legal Department, a Senior Analytic Specialist role is being created to focus on data analysis and reporting. This individual will work with Legal Operations, Legal Department leaders and attorneys, Supply Chain representatives, vendors, and Outside Counsel to manage, aggregate, manage, cleanse and report out on data related to spend, savings, and compliance. She/he will be tasked with enhancing our recurring reporting products based on the evolving needs of the Legal Department. The position will report to the Analytics Manager
- Develop mastery over legal spend data, including legal matters, law firm & non-law firm vendor fees & expenses, matter lifecycle dates, task codes, timekeeper rates, diverse-firm & other identifiers, et al.
- Execute and enhance existing reporting as well as develop new reporting for Wells Fargo team members, both internal and external to the Law Department.
- Compile/mine data from multiple sources to develop reporting for the Law Department.
- Partner with Law Department team members to enhance existing and develop new self-serve reporting in our matter management system (Passport).
- Provide analytics for the timekeeper hourly rate negotiation process with our external law firms.
- Responsible for handling quality assurance reporting to ensure activities follow the necessary internal and external regulatory and risk management practices.
- Participate in reviews including analysis and trending of findings, proposed recommendations for change to impact future quality, test development and reporting on results.
- Form and leverage relationships with other Corporate Law Department teams for best practices.
- 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Good analytical skills including strategically analyzing data, diagnosing opportunities, and providing interventions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- High level of attention to detail to ensure accurate reporting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to distill complex data into analysis that drive decisions
- Ability to translate business needs into analysis and/or solutions
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.