DescriptionThe Senior Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Application Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Application Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Humana is seeking a Senior Application Architect that will develop an architectural and procedural understanding of Humana’s Mainframe hosted IT Applications on current infrastructure to develop solutions as to how they can be migrated over to a new SCM tool (ISPW) to host their code repository as well as deploy code into runtime execution environments.
The candidate will be responsible for developing features using the software as well as keeping the software up to date. In addition, this individual will serve as an ISPW product administrator.
The job will involve:
- Providing development, ongoing software support and issue resolution to Solution Engineering (SE)/Production Systems Management (PSM) teams along with Operations Control teams.
- Working with IT Infrastructure teams to ensure the ISPW product is always up and running on up-to-date configuration.
- Working with SE/PSM teams to configure respective application definitions and build CI/CD pipelines for them.
- Working with SE/PSM teams to migrate their application code base from current repository over to ISPW.
- Work on enabling features on the tool, to support ongoing mainframe development.
- Responsible for tool administration which includes working with Security Administration, working with IT Infrastructure for applying maintenance patches and validation, identifying software bugs/defects and reporting them to the vendor, applying fixes and validating the response.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation on how Humana specific processes are configured and supported on the tool.
- Responsible for working with Software Certification team in partnership with IT Infrastructure to get latest software version certified and rolled over (uninstall, reinstall, configure and working with End User Technology) to SE
- Identify current challenges, communicate with relevant audience, develop an action plan & implement the solution.
- Lead training programs for user community, in partnership with ITLS and vendor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 7+ experience as a senior developer in large IT projects utilizing IBM mainframe tools and technologies
- Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- Significant experience working on TSO/ISPF interface
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (DB2) and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Eclipse framework and plugins
- Working knowledge of CLST, REXX, SKELs & PANELS
- Understanding of Started Tasks, LPARs, SYSPLEX, etc.
- Understanding of Source Code Management processes using version control principles
- Understanding of mainframe security tools like ACF2 or RACF
- Strong knowledge of PANVALET
- Understanding of CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Strong experience working with multiple teams in parallel, like Infrastructure, Security, Application Development & Support, etc.
- Experience in Waterfall + Agile development methodologies
- Master's degree
- Working knowledge of mainframe SCM tools like Compuware ISPW, CA Endevor, or Changeman
- Working knowledge of Compuware Topaz Workbench or IBM RTC/RDz
- Familiarity working with open system tools like TFS for Work Item Tracking, SonarQube for code quality, Jenkins for CI/CD
- Ability to provide technical guidance to SE teams
- Strong technical documentation and communication skills to report back findings within software, report back to vendor
- Prior experience with tool/product administration
- Prior experience with source code repository migration from one platform to another
Scheduled Weekly Hours40