DescriptionThe Senior Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Application Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Application Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Relational Database Architecture (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL) experience
- Experience with at least one NoSQL technology (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Riak, Couchbase, CouchDB, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, etc.)
- Experience and participation in one or more of the following teams: DevOps, Production Support, or Software Engineering with real-world hands-on experience in building and deploying enterprise solutions
- Knowledge of, and experience in Agile Scrum methodology as well as software development lifecycles in general
- Experience authoring reference architectures and other engineering documentation
- Understanding of JSON and RESTful service architectures.
- Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- Experience delivering solutions built on cloud managed services in any of the three major public clouds - AWS, GCP, or Azure
Scheduled Weekly Hours40