DescriptionThe Senior Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Application Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Application Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Understanding of the application functionality and maintaining the application architecture
- Designs and develops applications architectural solution at multiple project level
- Provide practical recommendations to improve technical solutions, business capabilities, and automation.
- Aligning application architecture to the Domain architecture and follow enterprise guidelines, standards and practices
- Collaborating with teams within business domains across multiple projects and applications
- Designing and documenting architectural artifacts
- Understanding and evaluating multiple platforms, software packages, and custom components to design the solution
- Presenting architectural solution to stakeholders including business partners
- Participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of short/long term architecture objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 7+ experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- Experience with Health Care or pharmacy IT
- Experience designing and building using Microsoft development platform
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks
- Visual Studio, ASP .NET, Microsoft Office Products
- Oracle or SQL relation databases
- Team Foundation Server or VSTS (Azure)
- Active Directory/LDAP
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the delivery of assigned IT application of project
- Supports frameworks, services and re-usable components to help developers
- Demonstrates skills in the concepts and applicability of design patterns, SOA and general architecture best practices
- Develop, maintain and update information/data model and information flows.
- Advanced understanding of Application Integration
Master's Degree, certification
Scheduled Weekly Hours40