DescriptionThe Senior Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Application Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Application Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Define the current application architecture, and identify issues within it, including tracking technical debt
• Refine and/or redesign application architecture to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
• Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
• Refine and/or redesign application architecture to be more cost-effective, including the optimal selection of implementation technologies, practices, and skills for application delivery success.
• Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches, service design, and development processes and approaches.
• Integrate each application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
• Create and maintain application architecture deliverables and artifacts (e.g. S.A. D.).
You will be a member of the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) IT team. This area deals with the development, enhancement and technical operation of various technologies that support the fast growing area of process automation within Humana, including Workfusion, Winbatch and .NET based custom applications. Implementation of such automations span multiple systems and business areas across the company, and cover attended and unattended execution, along with advanced techniques such as machine learning. This is seen as a vital area in securing operational efficiencies within the company. We are continuously looking at opportunities to automate and keep a close watch on related products entering the market.
We are seeking a confident, technically able Application Architect to help further our automation architecture, act as a leader on our development projects and also assist in the ongoing day to day operations. The person must have the skills listed below but also be a good communicator as the role includes liasing with Business Operations, assigning and explaining work to offshore/onshore contractors, and leading meetings. In short, we expect you to be a leader in both business and technical perspectives. The ideal candidate would be someone that has a background in Process Automation, especially in technologies such as Workfusion, Automation Anyware, Blue Prism etc.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience in Process Automation
- Some level of knowledge/experience with Java
- Knowledge of Intelligent Automation, Machine Learning etc.
- Experience in full life cycle development
- Knowledge of software development concepts
- Must show aptitude for learning new software development languages, packages, principles. concepts.
- Has demonstrated strong team leadership and results
- Must hold US citizenship or be a Permanent Resident
- Must be a good communicator with the ability to take initiative, be self-supporting, and coordinate with offshore and onshore resources to get work completed. You should be able to work effectively with both business operations and technical personnel.
- You are a software architect that can design and craft solutions that meet the business need, and do so in a collaborative way that earns respect from our Business clients.
- Experience with complex technical environments including multiple databases, servers, open source software etc
- Experience in Automation software such as Workfusion, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, Pega
- Experience in Machine Learning Experience or knowledge of the Agile methodology
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business (with IT).
Scheduled Weekly Hours40