DescriptionThe Senior Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Application Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Humana is seeking an Application Architect that will be responsible for the internal architectural design of Tools for the Application Processes (TAP) and for the design of the interfaces through which these tools interact with vendor and the enterprise. This role is also responsible for the effective integration of TAP tools into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate. The Application Architect is not only called to understand and follow enterprise guidelines, but also utilize common application design frameworks and design patterns in their work. They are also expected to share feedback and learning back out to the enterprise; thus, the Application Architect also serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for their application to other architects, and as a feedback loop back into the enterprise architecture portfolio.
- Coordinates with functional and technical staff, leads system-related projects and initiatives (such as, new releases, adoption, and implementation of new functionality, and business process changes) in Tools for the Application Processes (TAP), including implementation, review, and testing prior to go-live.
- Has expert knowledge of data modeling, security, integrations, reporting, and data load procedures.
- Works in a multi-project, multi-team environment with both internal and external business and IT team members.
- Leads and drives the delivery of high-quality maintenance, enhancements, and project initiatives of TAP platforms.
- Monitors system performance and creates improvement recommendations.
- Provides process leadership and guidance to Solutions Engineering stakeholders.
- Owns the strategic direction of the TAP domain in conjunction with Solutions Engineering leadership.
- Understands business requirements to organize and develop a release road-map of future capabilities while aligning to corporate strategy.
- Participates in developing solution strategies and road-maps for TAP tools that align with the Humana enterprise.
- Ensures effective and secure application testing and confidential information protection.
- Evolves solutions to include emerging technologies where appropriate.
- Ensures designs meet the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Integrates each application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 6+ years design, development, and testing of software applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing solutions to support IT Operations.
- 3+ years’ experience with application administration (including configuration).
- 3+ years’ in relevant technical skills (Web Services API, .NET).
- 3+ years’ experience developing integrations with internal and external consumers.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce, ServiceNow and/or CA products.
- Experience working with third-party service vendors.
- Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration implementation experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40