Transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology.
Sounds like a big challenge, right? Here, at United Health Care, you have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise. You'll be inspired by working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in technology who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day on a mission to change health care as we know it. Join us! Come share who you are and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Front-end Developer will join a newly formed small team charged with an ambitious goal to transform the business by delivering digital solutions at a rapid pace while delivering high business value. The developer will join a cross functional scrum team that works closely with our marketing business to tackle a broad range of projects spanning acquisition and service sites on web and mobile platforms.
Insurance Solutions Digital Services Front End Development team, the team is small 8-10 including Product Owner, Scrum Master and Business Analyst. This position would require high level of collaboration with the agile team for developing the products.
- Develop and write unit test front-end solutions as part of an agile scrum team.
- Develop HTML & JS for consuming back end Transactional and Informational RESTful services
- Develop AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) components for Content Authoring
- Supporting existing web assets both maintenance and new features
- Work closely and collaborate with scrum team members to deliver solutions as a team
- Maintain a set of front-end development best practices to facilitate rapid delivery of solutions
- Rapid site prototyping using HTML5/JS/CSS
- Collaborate with the team on application decision-making
- Develop innovative solutions delivering optimal user experience
- Provide story point estimates and story dialog as part of planning meetings
- Deliver maintainable code in accordance to enterprise standards
- Continue to stay abreast with trends and best-practices in front-end development
- Candidate in this role must have excellent communication skills with consultative experience
- 4+ years of experience in front-end development
- 3+ years of experience with the ability to hand-write code HTML5/CSS3/JS
- 2+ years of experience working on data driven web applications consuming backend JSON/REST data services
- 2+ years of experience using Responsive web design
- Ability to analyze PSD mock-ups and apply creative and standards based coding solutions that work across all browsers and devices
- Experience working on internet facing marketing websites (targeting multiple browsers and devices)
- Experience Gathering UI requirements, wireframing and prototyping
- Possession of personal portfolio of projects and creative design
- Previous experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. Adobe Experience Manager)
- Cloud-based server environments
- Integrating web analytics for page views and user actions on a page
- Experience with authenticated websites
- Experience with Selenium for automated testing with BrowserStack or SauceLabs
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.