Bed Bath & Beyond's Marketing Technology Team strives to create a world-class digital customer experience across all channels and all of Bed Bath & Beyond's brand portfolio. By focusing on the customer first and creating an environment that stresses entrepreneurship, ownership and innovation, the team creates engaging experiences that build customer loyalty and drive revenue growth.
We are currently seeking an Senior Application Developer within the Marketing Technology Team to drive business operations strategy, road map, and product launches. As a key contributor to the team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Integrate data storage solutions including; databases, key-value stores, etc.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 3+ years of building enterprise size applications
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework with C#
- Experience coding and implementing both web services and consuming web services REST, SOAP (building clients)
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Experience building high volume and high performance web applications and services
- Proven SQL skills - interacting with databases from applications (ODBC / JDBC and similar), building SQL queries and basic table design within Microsoft SQL Server
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Automated unit testing experience (i.e. JUnit / NUnit / Visual Studio)
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology /Computer Science is a plus.
- Retail and broad understanding of Marketing Technology is plus.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.