You know, there's impact and then there's YOUR impact. Join us at Optum and discover a new sense of purpose and pride as you work on applications that help create benefits for millions of people. Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing technology, data and people together to help shape health care performance across the globe. So bring your solid track record for innovation and accomplishment as a high level Java Applications Developer to an organization where the challenges are greater and every day is an opportunity to do more.
Positions in this function are predominantly involved in developing business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Providing accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Provide support and leadership in critical production support issue resolution
- Support the team for application availability, reliability and stability on a 7 by 24 by 365 basis
- Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all production issues meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements
- Conduct code review to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high quality standards
- Work with business to prioritize production issue resolution
- Undergraduate Degree or 4+ years of experience
- 3+ years of development and testing experience in C# / .Net programming language
- 2+ years of experience working with Sybase and/or SQL Database
- 3+ years of Senior level Applications Developer experience
- 3+ years of SDLC experience
- 3+ years Database Design / Programming (Stored Procedures)
- Healthcare Industry Experience
- TriZetto Facets Application experience
- Healthcare EDI Experience
- Crystal reports Experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Applications Developer, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada