The Senior Applications Developer analyzes, develops, and implements computer application enhancements for end-users. This position develops supports, maintains, enhances, and documents applications for WellMed Medical Management. This position mentors junior level Information Technology Applications Development staff and develops best practices, ensures quality of application code development, and assists the Lead Application Developer plan for and implements new and improved existing applications and other technology.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyzes, develops, and implements computer application enhancements for end users
- Performs all tasks in the development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, and testing
- Supports existing applications including developing fixes as necessary and providing support for complex issues
- Gathers, understands, and documents user requirements and technical specifications. Follows all software requirements development standards
- Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Creates and helps maintain technical and end-user documentation for new and existing applications
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related, technical field required or 4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience
- 5+ years of systems design and applications development experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft application development tools including one or more of the following: Visual Studio, C#, Visual Basic, Microsoft Office Applications, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Reporting and Integration Services, etc.
- Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot complex technology, software, and system solutions
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- MCSE certification
- Experience working in a Medicare, health plan or physician group environment
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) and healthcare information exchange (HIE) technologies
- Ability to review, critique, and perform analysis and design of systems and/or programs
- Ability to generate and test program code utilizing Microsoft technologies. Experience with established peer review and quality assurance processes and willingness to lead such activities
- Ability and proven experience documenting application program code (technical documentation) and application functionality (end-user documentation for business users)
- Ability to mentor other developers and develop/document best practices and other processes
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Applications Developer, WellMed, San Antonio, TX, Texas, telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home