Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
This Senior Benefit Support Manager will be responsible for cross-functional benefit support, including communicating benefit details of proposed new business sales (for group retiree benefit coverage) to internal teams and developing benefit plans to support the sales strategy. Working primarily with group Medicare Advantage insurance plans, the role will support sales through expertise in plan design and CMS requirements with a strong ability to communication benefit details between sales and operations.
Establishes and cultivates strategic relationships with key product and sales teams to help drive standardization of the most common plan designs needed. Jobs in this function may work closely with sales on new, renewal or upselling, but do not have specific sales goal accountability or primary responsibility to close sales.
- Command a strong working knowledge of group Medicare Advantage and associated CMS regulations
- Benefit design and communication of design features
- Articulate product and benefit level detail between sales and benefit design teams
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Produce (or organize production of) needed sales quoting/ proposal materials
- Quickly build relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal business leaders
- Manage work volume in a well-organized manner and appropriately prioritize demands
- Leverage analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Work requires a self-motivated, self-starter
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma / GED and 6+ years of Healthcare Benefits or Administration experience
- Must be able to travel Up to 25% of the time Nationwide
- Strong working knowledge of current Medicare Coordinated and Medicare Advantage Plans
- Current / recent health insurance carrier employment experience
- Ability to translate / articulate Medicare insurance product rules and claim flows for active and retiree group health plans
- 3+ years of group insurance benefit plan designs
- 1+ years experience with people management or supervision
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Horsham, PA, Benefits, manager, leadership, Medicare, healthcare.