- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing.
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries and Java components.
- Working very closely with Architecture group and driving technical solutions.
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business.
- Address the performance issues and design the solutions to meet low latency needs.
- Use Big data technologies to enrich and transform data and do data analytics, machine learning.
- Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery.
- Support the implementation and drive it to stable state in production.
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates.
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, improving performance etc.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required.
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development.
- Drive the team and collaborate to meet project timelines.
- High: Spark, Scala, Kafka, Python, Java
- Medium: Elastic Search, ML Libraries, Streaming Technologies, CICD Technologies (Jenkins, Maven, etc…)
- Low: Cloud Deployment Technologies (AWS, Azure), Kibana
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5+ years hands-on expertise with Advanced Java stack
- 3+ years hands-on expertise with Big Data technologies
- Big Data Application Development specific skills: Spark, Scala, Map Reduce, SQL, Python
- Demonstrated expertise in Java programs, applications, and frameworks
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Clear and concise communication, able to articulate clearly
- Healthcare experience, Data Science background
- Experience with Docker, Openshift, Mesos, Kubernetes
- Automated testing frameworks
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: engineer, java engineer, big data engineer, big data, Spark, Scala, Kafka, Python, Java, Elastic Search, ML Libraries, Streaming Technologies, CICD, Jenkins, Maven, Cloud Deployment Technologies, AWS, Azure, Kibana, Advanced Java stack, java stack, Map Reduce, SQL, Python, frameworks, agile, scrum, healthcare, data science, Docker, Openshift, Mesos, Kubernetes, Automated testing frameworks, Minnesota, Minnetonka