Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities.
Positions mainly responsible for more general A / R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others' activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience analyzing and solving customer service problems in an office setting environment
- 2+ years of experience working in billing in creating invoices, applying payments, and reconciling accounts
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel - filtering, sorting, basic formulas, setup, and organization of data
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word - creating, editing, and naming / saving basic documents
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working in banking, finance, or accounting industry
- Experience using Microsoft Access to analyze data
- Microsoft Excel experience with using Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPS
- Ability to build relationships and negotiate with customers
- Ability to resolve complex billing issues
- Ability to interface with client managers, underwriting, case installation groups and sales team members
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, billing, invoices, payment posting, account reconciliation