Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities. Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work. The Senior Billing Representative handles multiple functions to ensure accurate customer billing for insured members. Primary Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers gathering support data to ensure billing accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the ASO billing function
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Monitor system updates to take appropriate actions to ensure client's monthly billing is accurate
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing
- May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities
- Must have good verbal skills to train customers directly
- Train and Mentor on billing processes
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Organization is a key
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of billing, collections, or accounting experience
- Ability to create spreadsheets, manipulate data, and create formulas within Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between 7:00 am - 5:00 pm CST with the ability to work overtime
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Accounting
- Ability to set priorities and establish an efficient well-organized work area
- Ability to work accurately and effectively to meet necessary processing deadlines
- Willingness to work effectively with others
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong math ability and analytical skills
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively as a team member by attentively listening to and sharing information with other team members in order to effectively meet and exceed customer expectations
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, finance, training class