Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
In an environment where the patient is at the center of everything we do, the Senior Billing Representative will assist the department supervisor by performing combinations of the following activities: Coordinate and maintain work flow, auditing and quality control of work competed in the department, able to handle escalated issues with both internal and external customers, and train team members within the department. May be asked to give employee performance input.
- Work with IT to obtain new users ID’s and functions, identify issues and open tickets as needed.
- Maintain department training documentation.
- Effectively communicates with superiors, peers, billing reps, and others, as appropriate, on regular basis, assuring proper flow of information.
- Assist in documenting standard operating procedures for the department.
- Assist in resolving problems relating to all areas of Revenue Cycle Management.
- Assure appropriate employee production by working with superiors.
- Provide contingency plans for employee vacations and absences.
- Respond to escalated calls and assures that appropriate action is taken for resolution.
- Provide input and guidance to staff members in order to ensure continuous improvement in processes which will improve customer service.
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of medical billing operational department or QA / QC experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Data entry experience (entering customers’ information)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (ability to create a professional looking spreadsheet, add worksheets, copy / paste, sort, freeze, hide cells, sum, create and add / delete columns)
- Remittance experience
- Call center customer service experience
- Experience training employees or small groups
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, including the ability to type while talking on the phone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work overtime as needed, based on department needs
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information
and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry
and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where
you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're
freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's
needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put
into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower
costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work
together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:
UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, Optum, health care, office, phone support, billing experience, Quest Billing system (QBS)