At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
- Research, track, and resolve charge rule errors and other billing discrepancies
- Ability to perform assigned tasks using established standards and procedures with minimal supervision
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing by performing manual testing for new procedure and / or system implementation tasks documenting scenarios tested and outcomes
- Responsible for individualized time management to meet contractual, corporate and departmental deadlines
- Prepare month end accruals
- Review, update and post Work Instructions as needed
- Update department calendar, regularly, to post billing cycle days, deadlines and requirements
- Calculation and compilation of data and documentation to substantiate the validity of charges based upon the individual contracts and / or government regulations
- Perform the data entry, calculation, review, audit and compilation of contract charge items utilizing the service database and corporate accounting systems
- Invoice processing, creation and tracking for assigned customers / contracts utilizing corporate database, accounting systems, and departmental invoice tracking system
- Verification of corporate and customer electronic interface values
- Participation in the development of ad-hoc reporting and processes for specialized projects as requested by internal and external customers
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of customer invoices based on contract requirements
- Submission of invoices to customer utilizing the required method and timeline for delivery
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Any analytical experience in Accounting or Finance
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles in the performance of the assigned duties
- Database experience (utilizing to create reports)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (filtering, sorting, summation, VLOOKUP, and pivot tables)
- PeopleSoft Financials experience
- Knowledge of invoicing and claims processing for medical services
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to adapt to changing business requirements
- Ability to cooperate and coordinate with both internal and external department staff to resolve questions, problem solve more complex issues and ensure the timely delivery of departmental objectives
- Ability to multi-task, including the ability to understand multiple products and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.