Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.
In this entry level position, you will play a key role in supporting Medicare & Retirement Agent On-Boarding by analyzing and processing new and existing agent requests for UHC. This includes processing application and contracts through to completion. You will provide exceptional customer service to all internal staff and external customers
- Review applications, gather data, determine eligibility and compliance
- Process broker and agent licensing, appointment and contracting credentials for Medicare Supplement Products.
- Ensure that all paperwork, credentials and other necessary documents are in good order
- Perform analysis of submitted material for completeness and accuracy, analyzing, credentials and documentation
- Ensure cases adhere to all policies and procedures, in addition to federal and state laws and regulations
- Identify risks or issues and assess/implement alternate solutions
- Production desk processing of licensing, appointing and contracting work
- Monitors the day-to-day activity on assigned accounts to keep agent and other stakeholders informed of relevant information or lack thereof
- Participates in interdepartmental team efforts, such as implementation of updates to the production system
- Input applications and process changes to current contracts.
- Responsible for analyzing, processing and completing cases.
- Process approximately 20-30 cases per day
- Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the company and department.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of previous experience in a customer service or sales support role
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook for calendar management, meetings, e-mailing, and managing e-mail folders
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel for data entry, sorting, filtering, and entering information into basic tables
- Ability to use Microsoft Word to create general correspondence, use spell and grammar check tools, and enter information into forms / templates
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Previous healthcare industry experience
- Knowledge of insurance industry compliance, licensing, or claims
- Previous experience using multiple computer programs simultaneously to enter, review, and verify information
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.