If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.
Provide electromechanical support service in response to operational changes resulting from the malfunction, breakdown, relocation, replacement or other modification of existing mechanical systems and/or equipment. Conduct preventative maintenance on all relevant equipment essential to the automated processes within the fulfillment center.
Responsibilities will include the completion and documentation of any assigned planned maintenance (predictive or planned) or unplanned maintenance (reactive). Automation Mechanics will answer troublecalls throughout the day on maintenance issues. Candidate will also take part in any assigned training or process improvement projects.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, and production automation machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical equipment in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices using hand and power tools.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and precision measuring equipment.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Assists with maintaining accurate Maintenance Repair and Operational part and supply inventories by properly removing and accounting for parts removed from stock through properly recording their use in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Work in tandem with IT, as necessary, to solve difficult technical issues.
- Ability to communicate mechanical maintenance information to Operations and management regarding the root cause of conducted work when requested.
- Completes required maintenance reports by collecting, recording, and summarizing completed work.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending scheduled educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure Compliance with Relevant Regulations, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Partner with Facilities and Building Stakeholders
- Any other tasks assigned by management
School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of experience with mechanical and electrical systems or equivalent education
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing motors, electronics, automated controls, and robotic equipment
in the use of rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Understanding of safe work practices to include Lockout - Tagout procedures and NFPA 70e electrical safety requirements.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Ability to work first shift 5:30am to 3:00pm including nights and weekends as needed
- Training (vocational tech) in welding, mechanical, or electronic systems
- Experience with 3-phase 480 volt industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit and motor control circuits
- Experience with Automated Conveyor Lines
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical blue prints
- Experience with operating mobile equipment
- Prior or Active SMRP membership
using Microsoft Office (Word - ability to create documents and use
proper grammar and Excel - to create spreadsheets, sort and filter
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: mechanical and electrical systems. manufacturing, 80 volt
industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit,
motor control circuits, Welding Certified, Six Sigma Green Belt
Certified, LVL 1 Infrared Thermogrophy