Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments, helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs, and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
Are you the kind of person who has no patience for jargon? Because we say what we mean in clear and concise language here. When the health of millions is on the line, we can't wait for translations. We're looking for a Business Analyst who can see past the number crunching and find the conclusions that will drive business decisions.
The thing about this is, it's a job that requires precision, vigilance, and clarity. You'll be responsible for interpreting and analyzing huge amounts of information to uncover the meaning beneath the data. Then, you'll need to paint the picture that shows the trends, patterns, and opportunities leading to effective solutions.
- Analyze and interpret data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for the business and clients
- Communicate analysis and interpretation to appropriate audiences
- Produce, publish, and distribute scheduled and ad-hoc client and operational reports relating to the development and performance of products, processes, and technologies
- Create and update templates, and build automation tools to enhance accuracy and automation of tasks
- Meticulous and high level of attention to detail
- Problem solving capabilities and pro-active approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Manage inquiries and perform ad hoc analyses, as well as perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (or higher), or high school diploma / GED and 5+ years of experience in business, finance, operations, or data analytics
- Client Account Management and / or Project Management experience
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel to analyze data with advanced formulas, create and manipulate spreadsheets, use vLookups, use pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (maybe once a year to Eden Prairie, MN)
- Must reside within a commutable distance to an Optum office location in Minnesota or Wisconsin
Experience in inventory management
Experience in claims
Experience with Microsoft Access and the ability to utilize databases
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: UHG, Optum, business, analyst, report, data, analytics, Excel, Access, MS, Microsoft, inventory, claims, finance, operations, account, management, client, MN, Minnesota, WI, Wisconsin