If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Prevention & Wellbeing Program Management team provides program leadership for capital investments and product initiatives. The team provides business support to the capital planning process, product development, business solution design, and IT program/project delivery.
The Senior Business Analyst is a member of the Prevention & Wellbeing Program Management team and is responsible for analysis supporting various activities within the product development process.
- Conduct business process analysis to identify key business issues, gaps, or needs
- Document ‘as - is’ and ‘to - be’ business processes
- Work closely with Product and IT to write user stories and capture product features
- Gather business requirements to support operational process improvements, client implementations, or technology / product delivery
- Gain extensive understanding of business processes and application architecture to serve as a trusted resource for understanding what should be captured to ensure high quality requirements
- Lead requirements walk - through sessions to gain consensus amongst stakeholders
- Conduct root cause analysis, problem solve, and provide recommendations for process improvements
- Work across a matrixed environment to engage appropriate internal and external partners
- Escalate issues / risks and manage project work and deliverables
- Assist with special projects as requested by Prevention senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2+ years of experience gathering requirements and documenting processes
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word
- Strong executive communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Superior attention to detail
- Experience in the healthcare industry / currently employed by UHG
- Experience with Agile product development and/or Agile technology delivery
- Experience using Agile tools like Jira, or CA Agile
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Business Analyst, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN