You are a thought leader who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges. As a critical member of the Product Management team, you will help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group. Here, your business acumen, analytical and innovative skills will help us with our mission of helping people live healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel that mission. Are you ready to analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions?
As a Senior Business Analyst on the EMR Product Management team, you are responsible for gathering clear business requirements in support of the capabilities being designed for integration with Electronic Medical Records systems. The vision for the Product team requires the understanding of people, process and technology. The focus of the Senior Business Analyst is supporting the Product Owner and Product Manager in the development of business requirements that support the effective implementation and deployment of new capabilities. Demonstrating the benefits of agile methodologies, business collaboration and engagement and a consistent, repeatable process with deep business knowledge is critical to the success of the Product team.
- Supports the implementation of standard processes while working with or as part of multiple project teams
- Participates in and/or facilitate requirements gathering and scrum meetings by guiding business subject matter experts through collaborative working sessions in person or via WebEx
- Participates in solution analysis and design meetings for system enhancements and/or implementations
- Participates in discussions to document Current State/Future State workflows as needed
- Collaborates with Product Owner, gathers, communicates and documents business requirements
- Develops and documents business workflows of medium to high complexity
- Independently writes Agile Scrum User Stories, including clear acceptance criteria
- Develops and documents criteria for User Acceptance Testing as part of requirements process
- Follows processes to manage the requirements gathering process through sign-off
- Provides clear description of problems/issues for medium to high complexity problems
- Presents options for problem resolution
- Within six months, demonstrates subject matter expertise in at least one functional/application area
- Contributes in developing organizational functional knowledge across the team
- Researches questions that arise, including potential recommendations for team consideration
- Serves as a product team resource to the larger Product Management team, including providing support for the User Acceptance Test effort.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in analyzing, researching, gathering and documenting Business requirements documentation
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office (including Visio, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in supporting solution analysis and design meetings
- Experience in acting as liaison between business and IT
- Health care experience
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Health Administration, related field or equivalent work experience (minimum 4 years)
- Understanding of provider contracting, provider data management operations, prior authorization, eligibility and/or claim operations.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record systems
- Experience in creating criteria for User Acceptance Testing
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.