The Senior Business Analyst, Strategic Market Advancement will assess and support OptumCare markets to implement an optimized set of appropriate ancillary service lines (including, but not limited to, Oncology, Infusion, Surgery, Radiology, Home Health, PT, Lab, and Pharma) into their business. This will be achieved through assessment of existing internal and prospective external capabilities for performance, financial opportunities and market analysis. The future ancillary service line strategy by market will be designed inclusive of opportunity/gap analysis, recommendations, approach, and key considerations.
This position will focus on identifying, sizing, supporting and reporting the pilot/testing of new service lines and business models in pursuit of partnering with local markets to develop a full ambulatory care network strategy analysis.
This position will primarily be focused on OptumCare (including support, recommendations related to potential service line opportunities, execution plans, value propositions, etc.) - as such, this will include close collaboration with operators at the national and market level of all OptumCare entities including: CDOs, MedExpress and SCA. When and where appropriate, collaboration across broader OptumHealth, Optum and UnitedHealthcare should and will exist.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop understanding of business - level goals / metrics focused on maximizing service line performance
- Develop data solutions that can directly support the business case and ongoing performance tracking for local market execution
- Ensure that data solutions supporting service line strategies address applicable market expectations (e.g., patients, payers, providers, external business partners)
- Collaborate with market partners - build long - lasting transparent and trusting relationships
- Create strong partnerships across all levels of the organization to obtain needed information and support across teams
- Present complex information / insights in a simple and consumable format
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders to obtain appropriate market information/data (e.g., marketing, sales, health plan partners, channels, shared services)
- Gather / analyze / validate applicable data from internal and external sources to identify market characteristics / needs / problems (e.g., market opportunities, financials, trends)
- Articulate clear and concise information on a market specific data solution supporting the business opportunity
- Partner with stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure accuracy of information / assumptions in data models
- Monitor pilots and tests including performance tracking to support overall project management of implementation
- Analyze internal data, alongside external data sets (including Medicare claims and external payer data sets) to identify patterns of clinical care and referrals; and cost savings opportunities
- Use above analyses to create business pro formas to size opportunities - including calculating metrics for revenue, EBITDA, ROIC, and IOI
- Review and assess completed analysis; seeking clarity, questioning where appropriate, and working collaboratively to drive accurate results
- Work directly with and across OptumCare business units to help determine needs and solve complex and strategic business challenges
- Ensure consistency and coordination in how key service lines / initiatives are implemented
- Make recommendations to management / leadership based on business case and analysis
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Intermediate proficiency in MS PowerPoint
- 1+ years of health care industry experience
- Experience with SQL Management Studio and / or Tableau
- Experience in general business or healthcare consulting
- Experience working with financial metrics
- Experience working with data related to specialists and / or ancillary services
- Experience presenting information to senior leadership
- Proven success adding structure and clarity to ambiguous situations / asks
- Interpersonal skills, including positive assertiveness, professional communication, relationship building and ability to influence without authority
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keyword: Senior Business Analyst, Strategic Market Advancement, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, OptumCare, Telecommute, data manipulation, data modeling, tableau, SQL, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Working from Home