Join the H&R Block IT Corporate Systems team as Sr. Business Analyst. Be part of the HR IT support organization and play a key role on large initiatives in HR.
ESSENTIAL HCM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for evaluating product release updates, testing, coordinating deployments
- Advise HR Business partners on new system functionality and best practices
- Develop process flows, system flows, and data models using modeling and process tools.
- Lead small to medium scope projects, facilitate in requirements and design sessions
- Provide input on processes, procedures, or new approaches
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Configure and prototype system functionality
- Maintain security
- Create and maintain reports
- Develop test plans and conduct QA activities.
- Conduct training.
- Maintain integrations
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Support and lead other HCM technology initiatives.
- Update management on project/activity status
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business management, systems development or related area or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years experience as a business analyst and/or project manager in an information technology environment.
- Recognized as a SME in systems supported.
- Must possess experience with Workday HCM.
- Experience in data and process modeling of business requirements and use of process modeling tools.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
- Exposure to client/server and/or web development.
- Technical expertise in database design.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple large projects.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Subject Matter expertise in the some of the following areas- Hiring/On-boarding, Core HR, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation.
- Experience migrating from on premise HCM applications (Benefits, Payroll, Core HR, Compensation, Talent) to a Cloud solution.
- Data conversion experience is a plus.