At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Community Banking operates one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country, serving customers through approximately 6,000 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Our group includes Business Strategy and Administration; Customer and Branch Experience; Customer Remediation Office; Distribution Strategy Group; Regional Banking; Regional Services; and Customer Segments, and serves mass market, affluent, and small business customers. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams.
Sr. Business Banking Specialists at Wells Fargo provide a full range of business banking services to customers with an emphasis on business lending. They have a proactive outbound approach to educate and acquire new customers and deepen existing relationships within the Community Bank Small Business segment. Outbound activities, such as outbound calling or visiting local businesses and participating in community organizations through committees or board assignments to expand their network of contacts, makes up a significant amount of their time. They demonstrate a genuine interest in their customers and ask questions to understand their financial priorities and meet their needs. Sr. Business Banking Specialists develop strong relationships with other internal teams, bankers, and lines of business to deliver the full complement of Wells Fargo products and services that can help customers meet their financial needs. They are also responsible for identifying and referring customers with higher portfolios to the business banking team.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business, retail, recommending products and services, or customer service
- 1+ year of experience as a Wells Fargo Business Banking Specialist, Personal Banker 2, Personal Banker 2 Registered or comparable job family
- Ability to effectively network and represent Wells Fargo within the community
- Ability to manage expectations and conduct follow ups with customers and Wells Fargo partners (such as Merchant Services, Payroll, etc.)
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience meeting or exceeding performance objectives including credit products and introducing customers to internal partners
- Experience using strong business acumen and supporting small business customers
- Experience working with and successfully referring lending opportunities to appropriate partners (e.g. CBRM, Business Banking / Wholesale)
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet individual and team objectives while maintaining individual performance over the long term
- Prior experience in a role as a business advocate
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Completion of all modules of the Business Banking Specialist ELP training
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Successful completion of the Senior Business Specialist Academy within three months of offer.
NC-Greensboro: 625 Green Valley Rd - Greensboro, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.