DescriptionThe Senior Business Intelligence Engineer solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer will support Medicare Stars and broader HEDIS initiatives.
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Engage in the transformation of how clinical data is leveraged to inform operational and strategic decision making
- Assist in annual program activities and special projects
- Innovate new ways to streamline existing processes and support clinical quality outcomes
- Become an expert in Stars specifications, processes, and schedules
- Create and maintain documentation through collaboration with internal and external partners
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with key upstream and downstream partners
- Drive improvements to existing processes
- Participate in the development of new reporting and visualization tools that support contract and geographic improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous business consulting experience
- Possess a strong desire for professional growth and continuous learning
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Self-starter – comfortable working independently to accomplish components of a larger program
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous time-sensitive deliverables
- Proficiency in compiling, analyzing, and interpreting data trends
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Stars or HEDIS experience
- Experience with SQL, QlikView, Tableau, Python
Scheduled Weekly Hours40