Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Positions in this function include those responsible for providing process and operational support to the functions within Business Operations Family. Positions in this function may also be responsible for quality reporting, analysis and audits, and for developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement using applicable tools. *Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Open and sort incoming mail
Post contributions and other transactions to accounts
Process checks for deposit
Image and send work to processing vendor
Research and resolve moderate to complex customer issues
Process requests regarding stop payment
Process requests regarding ACH and Bill Pay transactions
Seek out process improvements and write procedures
Provide exceptional customer service in a fast-pace environment while dealing with sensitive information
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of Bank and / or Financial experience
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook (ability to edit, create, and save)
- Proficient with data entry; keyboarding and ten-key by touch
- Some college
- Previous experience working with Health Savings Accounts
- Basic understanding of HIPAA
- Ability to think analytically when confronted with unusual situations or requests
- Detail orientated and accurate with the ability to meet high volume targets within established deadlines
- Ability to work in multiple programs simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and attention to multiple processes
- Ability to identify possible risk or fraud to the Bank and to the consumer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.