Think of this as a triple play. You have Fortune 6 global operations. You have a complex, matrix organization with dozens of interrelated business units. And you have a fast-paced, intense culture where everyone is pushing the envelope. Now, you can step into this challenge and help create new business process solutions that raise the performance of our health care system for years to come. As a Senior Business Process Analyst, you'll be in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission. If you’re ready to play in the big leagues, it’s your move. As a key member of the UnitedHealthcare Clinical Services organization, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. This position is responsible for end-to-end process activities in the Program Development team - creating, controlling and improving business processes. As a Senior Business Process Analyst, you will lead project implementation and process design for driving enhancements to the overall UCS dental model and the advancement of the overall affordability agenda. Other duties will include project documentation, business configuration and other project work as assigned. This is a diverse role in a fast-paced forward-thinking environment with constant opportunities to grow, learn and expand your skill sets. Primary Responsibilities:
- Possess strong analytical skills to acquire thorough understanding of business needs and translate them into process, project and operational requirement
- Independently and proactively identify issues, and/or collaborates with department management
- Define, analyze and study financial and operational issues and data
- Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness by researching, analyzing internal and/or external industry trends, markets and other operational benchmarks
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, and simulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Develop and/or improve performance indicators, tools, techniques
- Manage changing priorities and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Document system processes
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.You won't be any ordinary Senior Business Process Analyst. You’ll be hitting on all cylinders every moment of every day. You will create process design, implement projects, diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions in the quest for better health care. You’ll be expected to quickly adapt to change in a very fluid environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to agree on solutions.
- BS/BA in business or related field
- 3+ years of business analysis and/or understanding of operations in Healthcare Insurance
- Demonstrated experience in projectized environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of claims processing in Facets or other dental claims processing applications
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- MS/MBA degree
- Dental experience preferred
- Data analysis experience working with relational database management system such as SQL, Sybase, SAS etc.
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Experiencing working in a matrix-style organization
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
At UnitedHealth Group we're rewriting the way health care gets done for millions. Be part of something daring and bold while doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health Insurance, claims processing, Facets, dental claims, data analysis, SQL, Dental Hygienist, project management, Columbia, MD, Maryland, Telecommute, Telecommuter