Manage the third-party supplier contract process for a defined set of supplier categories with the objective of maximizing each third-party spend - i.e. lowest cost consistent with the type and quality of goods and services needed by HRB. Includes all existing and new contracts in assigned categories, and includes all aspects of the contract cycle - identification and selection of suppliers, and contract negotiation. Where applicable, also assist with purchasing/procurement process under existing contracts.
- Lead the third-party supplier contract process for suppliers in defined categories, including: working with business units to understand business need and requirements, working with business unit to identify qualified suppliers, manage supplier selection process (RFP or other), and take lead on negotiation of contract with preferred supplier.
- Organize and participate in business unit review sessions with business unit leaders to: understand and anticipate expiration of existing contracts; and understand need and priority for supplier services, existing and new.
- Understand pipeline of existing contracts and proactively begin selection/negotiation process with enough lead time to secure advantageous terms for HRB.
- Participate in design and improvement of processes for supplier selection and contract negotiation, including: initial compliance and legal agreements, supplier selection, and contract negotiation.
- Lead and provide guidance to other team members involved in supplier selection, contract negotiation, and purchasing/procurement under existing contracts.
- Where applicable, oversee and manage current program and processes for purchasing/procurement under existing supplier contracts including: procedures, forms and processes for: ordering, fulfilling, exceptions, and problems resolution.
- Build strong partnerships with business unit leaders, and other members of the ESS team.
- Participate in design and improvement of key metrics and management reports for the team.
- Build and maintain deep subject matter expertise in assigned supplier categories, including: business needs and requirements, profile and capabilities of available suppler; price points, and contract negotiation strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in supply and procurement, or related area, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years experience as a buyer.
- Strong project management and process improvement skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Experience using software applications such as Microsoft Office suite.