If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Supervisor of Senior Center Operations directs, supervises and coordinates the staff and activities at the assigned senior center to ensure the delivery and quality of senior services. The position will ensure staff complies with all regulatory initiatives and policies, procedures, and works closely with senior management to support effective center operations.
- Directs, supervises, and manages all functions and activities for the Senior Center; including systems, policies / procedures, human resources, support services, etc.
- Plans, organizes, and administers a community recreation program for Senior Adults; including physical activities, health activities, human services, and special interest classes / programs
- Coordinates staff work activities and monthly schedules in a timely manner. Ensures that the center monthly calendar is in place ahead of time for seniors to review and sign up
- Selects, trains, motivates, and schedules Senior Center staff and volunteers
- Represents the Senior Center at public and professional meetings and conferences as needed; maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with trends in Senior related activities
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions; assists in interviewing, training, and staff orientations under the direction of the regional manager
- Maintains Senior Member database(s) effectively; produces monthly reports to show membership statistics
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2+ years of Senior Center Operations, Fitness Center Operations, Community Center Operations or Healthcare Operations experience
- 1+ year of Supervisory Experience
- Intermediate level experience in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Bilingual in English / Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.