This is an opportunity that's all about where you've been. Your experience. Your potential. Your skills. Because on the team at UnitedHealth Group, your potential and your impact can be career changing. No company has put together better teams of passionate, energetic and all out brilliant Claims Representatives. This is where you come in. We'll look for your experience and expertise to help keep our service levels and accuracy extremely high. We'll also look for your ideas on how to constantly evolve our claims processes. We'll back you with the great training, support and opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Provide expertise or general claims support by reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims
- Authorize appropriate payment or refer claims to investigators for further review
- Analyze and identify trends and provides reports as necessary
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Provide excellent customer service
- Managing a caseload of initial liability and ongoing Financial Protection claims
- Effectively and professionally utilize sound judgment, technical knowledge, communication skills, and focused resources (medical, vocational, legal, etc.) to manage claims to appropriate conclusion in accordance with applicable internal and external regulations, policies and procedures
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of customer service experience in solving customer problems
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Excel to create and maintain spreadsheets
- Experience in using Microsoft Word to create letters
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Previous experience with disability claims
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Senior, Claims, disability, South Portlad, ME, customer service