Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
- The Claims Rep will work in a call center environment while answering internal and external customer questions regarding claims, enrollment, policy, payment status, general information, etc.
- Provide expertise or general claims support by reviewing, researching, investigating, processing and adjusting claims information
- Document appropriate payment or refer claims to investigators for further review
- Analyze and identify trends and provides reports as necessary
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Provide excellent customer service
- Associates will receive calls from internal and external customers verifying coverage and status of Payments
- This position promotes advocacy for the customer and focuses strongly on customer satisfaction
- Computer skills and data input skills are critical to be successful in this position
- Must have a desire to help internal and external customers by being empathetic and
- Demonstrating patience and providing accurate information
- Outgoing and energetic attitude
- Good listening skills
- Multi - tasking ability
- Excellent problem - solving capabilities
- Computer experience (must be able to navigate between multiple applications and input data quickly)
- Emotional fortitude for high stress situations
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience working within a customer service role interacting with internal and external customers and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to create and modify spreadsheets, documents, and emails with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel
- Flexible to work any shift between 9:30 am - 6:05 pm Monday through Friday and must be flexible to work occasional overtime as needed
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Medical terminology
- Familiarity with claims within the insurance industry
- Military Service
- Ability to be flexible and ability to prioritize, this includes ability to understand multiple products
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: operational experience, office, healthcare, Financial Protection Products, customer service internal and external customers